Recount text is a text that retells a story about past events or experiences in the order they happened. Its purpose is to inform/retell past event to the audience.
A recount text has three elements :
1. Orientation : tells who is involved in the story, when, where, and why the story happened
2. Series of events : tells what happened in the story
3. Re-orentation : (optional) tells the conclusion of the story.
Language Feature of Recount
· Introducing personal participant : I, my group, etc
· Using chronological connection : then, first, etc
· Using linking verb : was, were, saw, heard, etc
· Using action verb : look, go, change, etc
· Using simple past tense
Example of Recount Text :